Release date: June 24, 2019
Android gets the new look
Earlier this year, we started rolling out a new design system for iOS users. Now it’s time for Android users to join the party as we move towards a truly unified Qapital experience for every member. The more pared-down look and feel is visible on all key screens now and will be rolled out across the rest of the app in the weeks to come.
Release date: May 3, 2019
We've now added support for referral codes to make it easier to invite friends to Qapital. We still use links when you invite your friends, but if the link for some reason would not work, your friend can enter your invite code manually in the app before signing up. That way, you're guaranteed to get your referral bonus when your friends start using Qapital.
Released: February 25, 2018
Good news for Spending Sweet Spot users… now you can manually add cash transactions, giving you a truer picture of your spending.
Released: January 25, 2018
- We’ve given Money Missions quite the overhaul... now you can personalise each Mission, giving you a better chance of completing and, crucially, benefiting from them. We’ve also introduced a way to reflect on each Mission as a way of helping you learn more about how your spending impacts your sense of well-being.
Released: December 18, 2018
Spending Sweet Spot is getting better
- New status visualization for Spending Sweet Spot that gives you an instant overview of what you’ve spent.
- Now certain transactions like rent payments are automatically excluded, giving you a more accurate picture of the expenditure you want to track. You can easily review all transactions and re-include any you choose to.
Released: November 30, 2018
- Spending Sweet Spot: Chances are you won't find your Spending Sweet Spot in a week or two. It can take time to figure out a level of spending that keeps you happy in the present and on track to meet your future goals. That's why we think the feature we're releasing today is going to make a big difference. It's a simple way to rate the emotional impact of your spending for each week. As the weeks pass, your ratings will help you build up a more informed picture of your spending, and you'll be able to make better financial decisions as a result. Here's to happy spending.
Released: November 13, 2018
We’re releasing a whole new Qapital full of smart money management tools 🎉
- Qapital Invest. Invest just as easily as you save with Goals and Rules. Get simple, pre-built investing portfolios matched to your Goals and investing style.
- Payday Divvy. Put your money toward your expenses, your Goals, and your everyday spending – right when your deposit hits.
- Spending Sweet Spot. It’s the new Weekly Spending Target. Find a budget for all of your weekly expenses, become mindful of your spending, and use that insight as a future guide.
- Money Missions. Try weekly, or monthly, challenges designed on key principles of behavioral economics. Missions are made to help you better understand how to get the most possible happiness out of every dollar.
Released: September 25, 2018
- Expected delivery dates for withdrawals and upcoming deposits. Keep track of your money with expected delivery date and created date for transfers to your selected accounts.
Released: August 10, 2018
- We added an animated surprise for when you reach a milestone!
Released: July 12, 2018
- The Weekly Spending Target has been updated. Now you can exclude part of a purchase from the Weekly Spending Target – perfect when you put your card down at dinner for later payback from friends, make bulk purchases, or any other time you only want a portion of your purchase applied toward your Weekly Spending Target.
Released: July 3, 2018
- Investment Goals have a brand new look! Each Investment Goal now displays a chart of its performance, showing your earnings both as an amount and percentage. It also lists your total deposits, total withdrawals, total earnings, and rate of return.
Released: June 18, 2018
- New! App Shortcuts. Now you can create a goal, transfer money, or view your account activity even faster. Just long press the app icon to launch the shortcuts.
Released: June 11, 2018
- The Account Activity screen for each Investment Goal has been updated. You’ll now see your deposits and withdrawals in the same list as your trades.
Released: May 28, 2018
- Maps! See the location of transactions you make on your Qapital Visa® Debit Card. With the addition of street maps, you can now more easily verify and recall in-store purchases.
- The Weekly Spending Target now shows how much you’ve spent, not just what you have left. Set up your Weekly Spending Target today to easily stay on top of your spending!
Released: May 15, 2018
- You can now provide a mailing address specifically designated for delivery of your Qapital Visa® Debit Card.
Released: April 9, 2018
- New! Weekly Insights are here! Curious about how you did last week? Now you’ll receive Weekly Insights and see your spending and saving highlights from the week. With Weekly Insights, you may discover ways to tweak your spending and saving to help achieve your goals faster. Or you may just give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done.
Released: March 1, 2018
- The "Your Accounts" section has been redesigned to give users a better view of their accounts.
- The funding account can now be changed from within the app. This is done from the "Your Accounts" section.
- It is now possible to share milestones using various messenger, social media, and email apps.
- Milestones can be revisited from the feed page.
Released: February 1, 2018
- New Feature! You can now pause all your Rules at once. Go to the new Rules page under the Transfer tab > Rules. From there, you can choose to temporarily pause all your Rules with one simple switch. We call it “Snooze” because your Rules automatically resume 7 days after you pause them. Don’t worry - we’ll notify you when they’re about to resume!
Released: December 11, 2017
- New! You can now see merchant logos when reviewing transactions on your Qapital Spending Account. We currently support a selection of most common merchants and are adding more all the time.
- New! The Qapital Spending Account transaction list have been updated to better highlight which Rules have been triggered whenever you make a purchase.
- We've updated the Qapital Visa® Debit Card activation flow to make setting up Rules for saving even easier.
Released: November 27, 2017
- New Feature! The profile tab now has a "What’s New" section where you can read about all new Qapital app releases.
- This release also comes with a few under the hood improvements designed to make your overall Qapital app experience better, stronger, and faster.
Released: November 13, 2017
- New Feature! - The “Weekly Spending Target” tool helps you better track and learn about your spending. For all users with the Qapital Visa® Debit Card.
- New Rule! - The Payday Rule lets you automatically save a percentage of your paycheck every payday. An easy and smart way to automate your financial life.
Released: October 18, 2017
- New! The Wallet has a brand new look! Our most recent design organizes your finances for Spending and Saving better than ever before — all with the purpose of helping you find an even easier, new way to bank.
- New! The app has been updated to fully support Android Oreo.
Released: October 9, 2017
- New! The Direct Deposit setup is simplified so you can easily copy and paste your bank account and routing numbers into the app.
- Fixed: Shared Goals now display combined users' available balances at the top of each Goal screen and in Wallet.
Released: October 2, 2017
- New! Shared Goals are finally here! You can now save for a common Goal with your friends and family. Take a dip in the thermal baths of Iceland, tour Gaudi architecture in Barcelona, or put a deposit down on that new apartment. Just create a Goal, invite a friend, and start saving.
- New! Transaction lists for Qapital Spending Accounts have been updated with new icons and look better than ever.
Released: September 25, 2017
- New! We're rolling out a new display for Qapital transactions with more detailed info to provide users more insight. Now users can see which specific Goal each and every Rule transfer is deposited to from your Spending Account, and which Rules are triggered by any and all purchases made with your Qapital Visa® Debit Card.
- New! Qapital Visa® Debit Cardholders can now activate their card and change their PIN anytime directly in the app.