Released May 2, 2019
We've now added support for referral codes to make it easier to invite friends to Qapital. We still use links when you invite your friends, but if the link for some reason would not work, your friend can enter your invite code manually in the app before signing up. That way, you're guaranteed to get your referral bonus when your friends start using Qapital.
Released: April 4, 2019
A new look for Qapital
We've added several big features in the past year so it was time to take a step back and make sure our design foundations were still solid. The result is a loving refresh that puts more focus on your Goals thanks to streamlined typography and a consolidated color palette. The more pared down look and feel is visible on all key screens now and will be rolled out across the rest of the app in weeks to come.
In amongst all the excitement, we also found time to add Peek & Pop in the Wallet and Transactions screens.
Released: March 25, 2019
- If you've been busy referring your friends to Qapital, we've made it easier to see how much money you've earned.
Released: March 11, 2019
Easier than ever to invest
- We’ve jiggled things around a little in the app to make it easier for people to start investing – now you can create your first Invest Goal without even signing up for a Qapital Spending Account.
- We also fixed the bug that was stopping iOS 9 users from launching the app.
Released: January 30, 2019
A fresher, clearer look for Qapital
- From today you'll start noticing a simpler, more navigable design in the app. Key features like transaction lists and the Goals page have been elegantly pared down to give users a quicker overview of their most important financial details.
Released: January 23, 2019
- We’ve given Money Missions quite the overhaul... now you can personalise each Mission, giving you a better chance of completing and, crucially, benefiting from them. We’ve also introduced a way to reflect on each Mission as a way of helping you learn more about how your spending impacts your sense of well-being.
- Hello face unlocking... Qapital now offers full support for Face ID on iOS. We’ve also fixed a number of bugs and made several performance enhancements under the hood.
Released: January 14, 2019
- Good news for Spending Sweet Spot users… now you can manually add cash transactions, giving you a truer picture of your spending. We've also fixed the bug that stopped people using Siri Shortcuts.
Released: January 7, 2019
A happy and prosperous New Year to all our members!
- Spending Sweet Spot: Our first update of 2019 includes a status visualization for Spending Sweet Spot that gives you an instant overview of what you’ve spent.
Released: December 3, 2018
Spending Sweet Spot is getting smarter
- Spending Sweet Spot: Now certain transactions like rent payments are automatically excluded, giving you a more accurate picture of the expenditure you want to track. You can easily review all transactions and re-include any you choose to.
Released: November 30, 2018
- Spending Sweet Spot: Chances are you won't find your Spending Sweet Spot in a week or two. It can take time to figure out a level of spending that keeps you happy in the present and on track to meet your future goals. That's why we think the feature we're releasing today is going to make a big difference. It's a simple way to rate the emotional impact of your spending for each week. As the weeks pass, your ratings will help you build up a more informed picture of your spending, and you'll be able to make better financial decisions as a result. Here's to happy spending.
Released: November 13, 2018
We’re releasing a whole new Qapital full of smart money management tools 🎉
- Qapital Invest: Invest just as easily as you save with Goals and Rules. Get simple, pre-built investing portfolios matched to your Goals and investing style.
- Payday Divvy: Put your money toward your expenses, your Goals, and your everyday spending – right when your deposit hits.
- Spending Sweet Spot: It’s the new Weekly Spending Target. Find a budget for all of your weekly expenses, become mindful of your spending, and use that insight as a future guide.
- Money Missions: Try weekly, or monthly, challenges designed on key principles of behavioral economics. Missions are made to help you better understand how to get the most possible happiness out of every dollar.
Released: October 1, 2018
Siri shortcuts: Siri is making it easier for you to save by suggesting when and how much to save based on previous transfers. The Siri Shortcuts allows you to transfer money directly from the lock screen, in Search or with your Apple Watch with one simple tap.
Released: September 25, 2018
Interactive push notifications for purchases. You’ll now receive interactive push notifications for all purchases made with your Qapital Visa Debit Card. This allows you to better keep track, and modify, what you want to include, and exclude, from your Weekly Spending Target.
Released: September 18, 2018
- Supports iOS 12.
- Automatic strong passwords. Automatically create a strong password for your Qapital account when you sign up. Your passwords will be stored in your iCloud Keychain.
- Security code AutoFill. SMS one-time passcodes will appear automatically as AutoFill suggestions, so you never have to worry about quickly memorizing them or typing them again.
- Password managers. You can now access your login credentials directly from the QuickType bar if you’re using a third-party password manager.
Released: July 19, 2018
See the total value of your investments for a specific day by press+hold on the performance chart.
You can now reset your password from Edit Profile Page.
Released: July 9, 2018
- The Weekly Spending Target has been updated. Now you can exclude part of a purchase from the Weekly Spending Target – perfect when you put your card down at dinner for later payback from friends, make bulk purchases, or any other time you only want a portion of your purchase applied toward your Weekly Spending Target.
Your Qapital Visa® Debit Card now works with Apple Pay!
With Apple Pay, you can make secure purchases in stores, in apps, and on the web. You can also use it to send, receive, and request money from friends and family right in Messages. Just add your Qapital Visa® Debit Card to Apple Pay through your Wallet to get started.
Released: June 25, 2018
- The Account Activity screen for each Investment Goal has been updated. You’ll now see your deposits and withdrawals in the same list as your trades.
Released: June 11, 2018
- You can now transfer money from a Savings Goal to an Investment Goal. Just open the transfer view and select the Savings Goal you want to transfer money from.
Released: May 22, 2018
- The Weekly Spending Target now shows how much you’ve spent, not just what you have left. Set up your Weekly Spending Target today to easily stay on top of your spending!
Released: May 8, 2018
- Maps! See the location of transactions you make on your Qapital Visa® Debit Card. With the addition of street maps, you can now more easily verify and recall in-store purchases.
Released: April 30, 2018
- You can now provide a mailing address specifically designated for delivery of your Qapital Visa® Debit Card.
Released: April 10, 2018
- New! Weekly Insights are here! Curious about how you did last week? Now you’ll receive Weekly Insights and see your spending and saving highlights from the week. With Weekly Insights, you may discover ways to tweak your spending and saving to help achieve your goals faster. Or you may just give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done.
Released: March 8, 2018
- New! You can now change your funding account from the “Your Accounts” view under the “Profile” tab.
Released: February 22, 2018
- New! You can now sign in with Google. For users with a Google account, it is now easier than ever to create a Qapital account or log in to your existing account. Just tap the “Sign up with Google” button. That’s it.
- The “Your Account” view under the “Profile” tab has gotten a facelift and is now ready for the upcoming investment accounts.
Released: January 18, 2018
- New Feature! - You can now pause all your Rules at once. Go to the new Rules page under the Transfer tab > Rules. From there, you can choose to temporarily pause all your Rules with one simple switch. We call it “Snooze” because your Rules automatically resume 7 days after you pause them. Don’t worry - we’ll notify you when they’re about to resume!
Released: December 19, 2017
- New! You can now see merchant logos when reviewing transactions on your Weekly spending Target and when you set up a Guilty Pleasure or Spend Less Rule. We currently support a selection of most common merchants and are adding more all the time.
- We've updated the Qapital Visa® Debit Card activation flow to make funding your account easier.
Released: December 14, 2017
- New! You can now see merchant logos when reviewing transactions on your Qapital Spending Account. We currently support a selection of most common merchants and are adding more all the time.
- New! Each transaction on your Qapital Spending Account now displays the time of purchase.
- Fixed: Notifications for new chat messages in Shared Goals are now back in the Wallet screen.
- The "All Accounts view," which is reachable from the Wallet screen, has been updated and now only displays your connected accounts. Your Qapital Spending Account and Goals Account are as always accessible right from the Wallet screen.
Released: December 5, 2017
- Fixed: You can now activate your Qapital Visa Debit Card on an iPhone X.
Released: November 30, 2017
- We've updated the Qapital Visa Debit Card activation flow to make setting up Rules for saving even easier.
- This release also comes with a few under the hood improvements designed to make your overall Qapital app experience better, stronger, and faster.
Released: November 16, 2017
- Fixed: A bug where the chat input text field could not be activated on iPhone X.
Released: November 15, 2017
- New Feature! - The “Weekly Spending Target” tool helps you better track and learn about your spending. For all users with the Qapital Visa® Debit Card.
- New Rule! - The Payday Rule lets you automatically save a percentage of your paycheck every payday. An easy and smart way to automate your financial life.
- Every Set & Forget Rule now displays which day of the week your money will be saved.
- iPhone X support.
Released: November 2, 2017
- New! Qapital Visa® Debit Cardholders can now activate their card and change their PIN anytime directly in the app.
- New! Direct deposit setup is simplified, so you can copy and paste your bank account and routing numbers into the app.
- Fixed: Completed Goals are now displayed as Completed.
- Fixed: The decimal point is now back in the number pad to make exact change transfers.
Released: October 17, 2017
- New! The Wallet has a brand new look! Our most recent design organizes your finances for Spending and Saving better than ever before — all with the purpose of helping you find an even easier, new way to bank.
- New! Qapital Spending Account transaction lists have been updated to better highlight which Rules have been triggered whenever you make a purchase.
- Teaser: We’re launching Qapital Invest, a jetpack for your Goals — the really big ones. We're building a tool designed to help you easily grow your money and reach your biggest Goals even faster. Sign up for the early access waitlist in the app today!
Released: October 2, 2017
- New! Siri can now make transfers from your Goals to your Qapital Spending Account or connected funding account. Just say, “transfer $10 from my Vacation Goal to my Qapital Spending Account.”
- Fixed: Siri has been updated to better understand how to check the balance on any of your Goals or Spending Account.